I haven't written in a while.I mean i haven't done prose in a long time. I am a poet/spoken word artiste too, and apart from playing with similes and rhyme schemes I can't remember the last time I did this. This is not an excuse to give you have baked goods. That having been said, I have decided to get back on the horse and start writing, again.
I have been on a long road of finding my purpose in life. There is a funny saying I heard someone mention. "If a Toyota wants to know why it was made it can't go to D.T Dobie. It has to go to Toyota Kenya". Similarly I'm on a path to find out my purpose and the first place I can think to look is the One who made me. My Creator. My Father. My God.
I can't say I have reached the end of my journey. I'm still pursuing my purpose. So I have to say off the cuff that the stuff I share in my subsequent posts are purely based on personal experience and I'm picking up as I go along. So feel free to interject. It's a welcome reaction. In fact it's the expected reaction.
I once attended a conference called Shift and someone said if you are unclear about the next step God is calling you to, follow the last command He gave you. For a long time now I have been feeling as though I cant hear God's next command, especially with regard to my purpose. This has led me to take a step back and examine what His last command was. It's found in a number of verses but most predominantly in 1 Thessalonians 4:3,7. Click here to read the text
I should probably mention that I am a single guy in my mid 20s. This very fact qualifies me to be up against some really highly stacked odds as far as holiness & purity are concerned. And this is the area that my posts will be focused on. How to honor God in my single-hood, with my singleness as I pursue holiness and purity.
A friend of mine called Ernest when quoting a certain preacher said "when you pursue purity, purpose will haunt you." That's exactly what I intend to do. Pursue purity and holiness, and in the process share it with the people who will read these posts. Like I said, I'm no expert. I haven't made it yet. So this is a pretty raw account of a journey to discovering self. And I'm quite excited about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment